site hit counter

[YND]⇒ Read Free Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books

Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books



Download As PDF : Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books

Download PDF Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books

In Sin Revisited, Solange Hertz tackles the topic of sin with a unique perspective for modern times, delving into the intellectual approaches of the Desert Fathers as well as St. John of the Cross. In Hertz’s own words “Don’t expect to find the seven deadly sources so familiar in song and story. You’ll find eight, and even these won’t be in the same sequence most of us are used to. This approach is newer than Vatican II, because it’s so much older, if you know what I mean, very much older certainly than the old Baltimore Catechism.” Upon reading this book, a person may subtly undergo an examination of conscience pertaining to each sin that is being discussed. This book is designed to be a guide for spiritual perfection.

Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books

One of the most interesting and informative books I ever read. You will definitely become a better person if you absorb this and live your life accordingly. I think the book is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Product details

  • Paperback 154 pages
  • Publisher Tumblar House (May 8, 2015)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10 0988353768

Read Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books

Tags : Sin Revisited [Solange Hertz] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. In Sin Revisited, Solange Hertz tackles the topic of sin with a unique perspective for modern times, delving into the intellectual approaches of the Desert Fathers as well as St. John of the Cross. In Hertz’s own words: “Don’t expect to find the seven deadly sources so familiar in song and story. You’ll find eight,Solange Hertz,Sin Revisited,Tumblar House,0988353768,Christianity - Catholic,RELIGION Christianity Catholic,Religion - Catholicism,Roman Catholicism, Roman Catholic Church
People also read other books :

Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books Reviews


This is a wonderful look at the topic of sin that, honestly, has made me think more than any other I have read. Hertz tends to write in a way that makes you think outside the box and this is no exception. It brings up ideas from the Desert Fathers that you may have never considered and would be great as a tool to make a really good examination of your life and where you stand with our Lord. The approach is so fresh for being so ancient. This one is not to be missed.
I've read nearly all of Hertz's books (around 8 or so), and this is probably my all-time favorite of hers, with Utopia Nowhere in second place. The approach to sin which she highlights, that of the Desert Fathers, is a unique approach that I haven't seen anywhere else. It highlights the interrelation of sins and how one begets another. For example, gluttony is related to lust in that "undo partaking of food can lead to undo partaking of persons." It has helped me identify roots of sin in my own life which I would've never seen otherwise. In that sense, this book is incredibly pragmatic for those looking to advance in their spiritual life.
I am not sure what possessed me to purchase this book as I thought the cover kinda weird, and am lukewarm on the publisher's description, however, I am extremely glad I got it. Unlike many other books, this one is extremely practical. If you want a clear practical manual for combating sin in an *effective* way, then this is a great purchase. Additionally, it is great at explaining the interconnectedness of everything. I'm no slouch when it comes to theology at this point, but I have learned a lot from this. Catholics are often characterized as being more cerebral than practical, arguing about how many angels can fit on the head of a pin, etc, and perhaps that is often a fair accusation, however, this book does not fall into this category. It teaches what the scholastics of the middle ages already knew when they were doing their work, but what has frequently been lost as of late. The specific strategies of the desert fathers are not spoken of very much anymore, in my experience. Augustine's theological musings may be, but specific actions that one might take in one's life are more lacking, in my experience. This is a deeply practical book, which directly discusses things from our time in light of that. I highly recommend it.

Buy the book, and then actually *read* it. Don't let it be some book that you are planning on eventually getting to. Read the introduction at least, right when you get it, which will let you know what the whole thing is about, and then if you don't have lots of time, go and read little bits at a time. Or rip through the whole thing and then come back to it periodically in little bites.
EXCELLENT
One of the most interesting and informative books I ever read. You will definitely become a better person if you absorb this and live your life accordingly. I think the book is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Ebook PDF Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books

0 Response to "[YND]⇒ Read Free Sin Revisited Solange Hertz 9780988353763 Books"

Post a Comment